anybody looked at trying to adapt a Dakota master/slave set-up? go get the whole thing for cheap out of a junk yard. it's a pusher slave where it pushes from the transmission towards the engine, to actuate the clutch fork which pivots on a ball stud on the far side of the clutch.

or you could possibly flip it around so that it pushes from the engine, back towards the transmission, if the fork is mounted on a ball on the "starter" side of the bell housing.

on my big block Dakota with a TKO trans and Lakewood bell though, I originally used a tilton Hyd. bearing, which was a POS, leaked all over the place and their fitings were a JOKE! I went and got REAL banjo fittings to make it work, but then the thing was too big to fit through the bore in the bell for the transmission bearing retainer, forcing me to assemble the unit with the trans bolted to the bell, and off of the engine. pain in the butt!

that bearing ultimately had another failure where the actual bearing and faceplate popped off the hyd. piston.

went with a Powertrain Technologies Inc. Hyd. TO bearing. MUCH better design, came with shims to stack up under the bearing to space it off the transmission, and it just "floated" there between the trans and clutch. it used a long shoulder bolt to prevent it from spinning.

both units were about $250-300, which is why, in hind sight, I wish I had tried to adapt the stock master/slave set-up to work.

**Photobucket sucks**