Quote:

I'm still hung up on the "Street Dominator won't fit under my hood" thing. How did they get a six-pack or Hemi under?
I think there's something you're not telling us like it has a 250hp plate nitrous system on it and a Wilson Brothers Super Sucker spacer.

Someone else help me out here.....the SD was designed to fit under most stock hoods and I don't think it's taller than a 3/2s intake.

R.

All I can tell you is that I've been through hell and back getting my air cleaner lid to fit under my air grabber.

With my Performer 440 and a 2.25 air filter, my air cleaner lid rubbed on the bottom of the air grabber box.

I replaced my motor mounts..twice. I had the specs of the stock intake height here somewhere but cant find it. From memory the Performer is at least 1.75" taller at the rear than stock. Any increase in carb height on an Air Grabber set up is going to squish up on the rubber seal and push the lid closer to the box.

With the stock intake, air filter, air cleaner, AVS carb, it fits perfectly now.

There are 4 different air cleaner lids. one each for B/RB 4 bbl, 1 for the 6 and one for the Hemi. I would say your pushing it if you go .5" above stock unless you want to play with filter heights. The lid on my 440 4 sits flat on a table and you can slide your hand under the carb flange. How they manage to squeeze a SixPack or Hemi under an Air Grabber has been nagging at me for 2.5 years. Maybe the use a different Air Grabber box??

And my Air Grabber has been totally restored, seals and all.

6965475-GTX5.jpg (94 downloads)
Last edited by NOrrTH; 12/13/11 07:36 PM.