If your cam is a "little lumpy" I'd go somewhere else first. But the advice to advance it a couple of degrees is sound.

As you are talking about some real $ I'd say buy a pair of 440Source Stealth heads, they are right at $1000 and the supposedly 80cc chambers will add compression but still run on whatever. They are the most stock appearing of any of the aftermarket heads. There are probably 100 sets on this board alone and they are in all respects better than a cheap bowl porting job on stock open chamber heads, which is what you have.

Normally I'd say recurve the distributor first but that would have to be changed with the new heads so a recurved distributor next. You'll be surprised how much different the car will feel.

For an intake I'd use a Holley Street Dominator, the best short intake out there.

For exhaust I would go 2 1/2" through the whole system with H-pipe, using something like Dynomax Super Turbos 17748 or 17749. I don't believe 3" would give you much but.......

Spiral core ignition wires. Any reputable brand will do.

Accel 300+ ignition system, box and coil. Or the equivalent MSD 6A or whatever they call it these days.

That should eat your $2000 and give better results (50+ hp) and you'll be able to close the hood.

R.

PS: If you cannot tune your 750 Edelbrock the 800 is a lot better carb. Or the ever popular Holley 3310 or better yet the 770 Holley Street Avenger.

Last edited by dogdays; 12/13/11 12:12 PM.