Quote:

Quote:

not to resurrect an older thread, but i feel i need some advice.

some of you have seen and replied in my other thread about my A833 grinding when i make the 1-2 shift under partial or hard throttle, but not under very light acceleration. I have taken the whole transmission apart and inspected every peice, and everything is working and worn as it should be with no visible issues at all. I changed the fluid in the transmission to AC delco synchromesh, and now im wondering my problem is the fluid im using?

Im thinking of trying ATF since i see quite a few people recommend it, and since its also dirt cheap and there is no non GL5 gear oil on any shelf here. Im wondering though what kind of ATF should I be trying? Dextron? Mercon? straight ATF? does it matter if its Dextron 3 or 4? Just looking for some input here since id like to refill the trans with ATF and see what happens

Forget that idea. Its not the fluid. Think about it, if it was an issue of the fluid(which it clearly isn't), then why only 2nd gear? Follow that logic?

Did you do what I mentioned for you to do in tn my previous post in this thread?

MB

I posted in that thread last night. I did everything you told me and checked every last part, its all working fine and it good order...this is why im thinking possibly the fluid? I know it sounds weird that its only affecting one gear, but ive been searching the hell outta what fluid to use and it seems that some guys who had problems with only one gear changed fluids, and voila! problem fixed.

I havent actually driven the transmission yet since fixing it, so i was thinking of trying a different fluid to see where it would get me. I still have the drained synchromesh