Quote:

I'm the original owner of my RR. Since it was vertually new I've run nothing but Dextron ATF. Never broke it and never had to change parts because of wear. Say what you will about ATF. Everyone has an opinion. Mine is there is nothing to be affraid of with ATF. I race my car, but most of the time it is street driven. No issues at all doing either. When racing, it shifts like butter through a hot knife. On the street, the same, hot or cold. Take it from 43 years of first hand experience. ATF does work in A833's. ATF4 is another story. I don't have any experience with it. But being nothing more than an ATF synthetic, it should work also, but with an additional cost.

I agree - and anyone who thinks ATF will cause damage is nuts!

My dad is the original owner of a '70 challenger 383 4 speed car - he now has 114,000 miles on it. it had a rebuild at 112,000 miles and all that went in it was bearings, shift forks, seals, & gaskets.
He towed a camper trailer from NJ to as far as Missouri. He also drag races it when he has time and is never easy on it.

Guess what was in it? ATF!

guess what went back in it ? ATF

Trailer in the 70's ( skyline drive)

Here is how he drives it...

ATF has never been a problem -

The only other lube I'd recommend is the one Jamie Passon makes on his own, as I am sure he has a well developed product.

Last edited by DJVCuda; 05/31/11 10:02 PM.