well this all started with a customer telling me they picked up 7hp on koffels dyno,, dean nicopolis,,, so i told my friends in louisana,, caro and teuton,, they gained,, i told westcott,, he started running them all the time but never tells anyone anything,, but him switching over said something,, then i got a dyno,, i did it,, gain,,, so we all gained.. nothing to do with indexing...

they are harder to read than an ngk plug,, and ive had a few buddies that run nitrous and said they didnt like the autolite for some reason and went back to ngk

i ran ngk heat range 8, 9 and 10,,, compared to ar 51, and ar 52 plugs and the autolite were obviously better,,, though tried a gap change on the 9 ngk plugs and on the 51 ar plugs,, and end up with an ar51 gapped at .025

i would wonder why all the pro stock guys run them then,,,, to be honest i didnt believe it at first either.. my friend james told warren barnett,,, he said no way,, then did it and gained around 7,, and had to try to find out why cause like you two guys,, said no way could it gain,,, i on the other hand dont care why it gained,,, it just did,, i did think about it a lil,,, but moved on to bigger things,, like working on controling the valvetrain,, or ring seal