Quote:

right the ar plug has a cut back ground strap and the ngk does not,, you usually run a tighter plug gap with a cut back strap,, like .025-.030 as compared to .045-.050 with a full strap

maybe you should go work for champion since i have about 4 styles of plugs from them, same heat range, with full strap, cut back strap, fine wire electrode, and no ground strap.. imagine how much money you would save them in engineering and production by knowing what works without actually testing anything and all that matters is the heat range

or maybe a pro stock team,, those guys have like 10 sets of carbs,, when all a carb does is flow air and "spray" the fuel into the airstream based on booster draw and emulsion,,, youd think all they need is one set,, lots of $ saving there if you only buy one set,, the possibilities are endless if you know the answer and testing is not needed

so now we have three totally independent guys who own dynos and test that say the same thing,, must be a conspiracy

Why do..."..you usually run a tighter gap with a cut back strap.."??
They come out of the box tighter,,but you don't have to run them that tight and I don't. I gap them the same as regular strap plugs. Work better with wider gap too,,especially with alcohol.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.