I agree 100% as does Dwayne I am sure. I am pretty sure he will be posting more info on this topic. I know the job he is showing,as he and I have spoke of it, and yes, the guy wanted the original J heads.Is it " cost effective" for an old J or X head anymore. I think not. You'll see why later.Also,Dwayne will be carving up a set of old J heads I have and we are going to see what happens at that point with cost, practicality and performance. I think his results will be interesting on that one.

Dwayne and I were working on some small joint projects which dealt with just this situation. Is it WORTH fixing old heads anymore? I will let him answer, but I think it will become very obvious when he starts posting some more information. I wanted to see where practicality and performance starts and stops whith a typical street driven small block performance engine. Its pretty interesting once you dig deep into it. Anyhow, this is Dwaynes post, so we'll let him do his thing.

BTW. I have been involved in and around drag racing all my life, in many different venues, ownerships, partners, cars, race tracks etc.
I consider Dwayne a very good personal friend, and a business " partner", as we do a fair share together. I can tell you this, He is one of the most straight up, professional and talented cylinder head/engine guys you will ever meet. You get what you pay for, and Dwaynes work is some of the best out there. I highly recommend him. . Dont call him if you dont want to hear the truth, or the right way to do things. If you want to cut corners, he's not your guy. If you want it done right, then you'll be in good hands.

( since this was unsolicited, I sure hope I didnt make him blush... )

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.