I already changed the carburetor to an Edelbrock Performer 1406 (600 cfm with electric choke).

As I said earlier, I replaced the Lean Burn distributor with a Procomp distributor (which I also bought on eBay!) and installed an MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD Super Conductor wires (probably overkill), and E3 plugs. It seems to not be running so great (it's smooth at idle and at highway speeds, but it feels kind of ragged in between). I want to change it back to a Mopar electronic ignition just to see if it runs better. I appreciate the advice to go Pertronix, but that's not what I want to do. I have an electronic ignition distributor sitting around, and the car apparently has an ECU and a ballast resistor already installed, so I can do this for almost no money.

So I got the cheap part under control, now I want it to be easy. What I wanted to know is, has anybody done this same exact thing, which is change lean burn over to conventional electronic,
and in doing so, can you get lucky and make use of some of the wiring that's already there, and if so, exactly how do you do that.

If I have to, I'll go out and buy all the parts and rewire the whole thing in accordance with the many great information sources available by spending 10 seconds on google (thanks for pointing that out), but the great thing about this whole interweb thing is that you can learn from others' experience before you start on a project.

69 Chrysler 300 Convertible 77 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 2-dr 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited