You've got it backward. The Lean Burn computer on the 1978 Omni I once owned provided spark control only - no fuel control. The computer on my 1985 Diplomat provides both spark and fuel control. In fact, the computer is marked "Electronic Fuel Control System" (see picture). The 1985 engine is equipped with an oxygen sensor and a "O2 feedback solenoid" in the carburetor for fuel control. According to my 1988 service manual, this setup was used in 1988 as well. I know I'm going to be flamed by the Mopar gods with fire and brimstone for saying this, but the Lean Burn or "Electronic Fuel Control System" systems are reliable and can be tuned to deliver good fuel economy and driveability. You're not going to win any drag races, but these vehicles can be adjusted to run well and deliver good fuel economy (by 1980's standards). My 1985 Diplomat runs great! Over the years I have read many anti-Lean Burn threads on this board, but as far as I'm concerned, these people don't understand electronic engine controls.