LOL... not a brick wall buddy, just exposing my experience LOL...

have you checked this ?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33574.0.html

is one of the links exposed on the first link I posted

check it and tell me what you think...

Quote:

FURTHERMORE if you are going to hook heavy loads up as you say, THEY STILL MUST RUN THROUGH THE AMMETER (and the bulkhead) if the vehicle is off, or running slow.

true if is off and everything is hooked on alt side, so power coming from batt through ammeter. On this case, not the electric fans or whatever device, beside an stereo or power windows, and on any case, just temporally ( but the stereo if you are hearing music with engine off )

true if alt is not able too feed enough at low rpms, so the power alt is not able to give, will be provided by the batt, through ammeter.

so thats the reason a powerfull alt, specially at low RPMs is a demand for the vehicle requirements, to save everthing of the system

and of course the weak spots at bulhead SPECIALLY the black wire... both wires ( red and black ) but SPECIALLY that one

nobody said everything is false, just that if everything is rightly made, ammeter bypass is not a demanded requirement

( and of course on a fully discharged batt, NOT TO CHARGE IT on car giving gas )

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela