Those are all good questions and ones I've asked myself many times.
Many things don't make sense or act as if they should. It does run really good except it starts hard when it's hot. It does smoke some under heavy acceleration but mostly when I let off the gas. But I agree, there should be a cloud of smoke all the time. It leaks virtually no oil, no puddles anywhere. I've pulled the plugs a few times and there is some fouling but not like you would think. Believe me, it has me baffled too. I've tried all types of PCV and breather arrangements, (quote) Man, THIS is CREEPY. Its as if I was writing this VERY thing about MY Charger. I have a few small drips from the engine though. My car uses oil, but since I dont drive it that often, I cant accurately say how much. Mine smokes on full throttle, but when I rev the motor in neutral, its not oil smoke. It clears out quickly and smells like gasoline. Add to that that there are NO oil specs at the back of the car, a symptom that often accompanies cars that burn oil. I bought a rebuild kit for the 850, and I hope to go through the carb in the next 2 weeks.
Good luck with your car, I hope our experiences and efforts can help each other out!

Last edited by Frankenduster; 12/14/10 12:13 AM.