Quote:

so when i blow on the line, should i not have any
resistance, should i not notice any resistance?

Just get a metal Wix in-line, you will feel resistance "some" untill you push the fuel back in the tank & all your blowing is air, then it should be alot easier to blow through, basically just like blowing through a hose pushing water untill it emptys, then its much easier, as you know its "physics", blowing air is alot easier then blowing liguid, but once the liguids out all thats left is air, then it becomes much easier, sure your going to have "some" resistance (even with all air) because its a long line with bends & turns & 5/16 in diameter, but if its clogged/clogging somewhere you'll know it, i'm sure it is because your having a serious issue getting fuel.

Now if you want to check the FP & or (Rod for wear), just stick a long hose in a gas can & run it to the inlet side of the pump, then put the outlet to another gas can & see how much volume it delivers, of coarse its "best" to do this after the engine is warm & the carb is full of fuel, this way it'll idle for a minute or 2, you'll know if thats all good, if so you can rule out the Pump & Rod... Just be careful when messing with fuel, keep it away from fans/electrical ect..

Last edited by joedust451; 10/24/10 12:31 PM.

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU