Ive got an 40 some years old Pro Stock Hemi I run in my 1970 Charger.

Comp. about 12.7:1
Nothing special about the crank (Kellog), the Nascar rods or Venolia Hi-Top pistons, other than they are on the heavy side...

Heads are old Aluminium D4A Mullen ported heads. No clue about flow numbers..

Indy 426-I4-4 4500 high rise single four manifold that has been gasket ported.

1050 Dominator (#8896) converted to E85

I detuned the engine to be more street friendly, it came with a click for cam spec. camshaft, I thought it to be kinda on the wildside to run it on the street.. so I replaced it with this cam click for cam spec.

OK, problem, or more disspointment came once I got the car to the track.. I really thought it would be faster.. I had hopes to run in the mid 11sec.

Any ways.. I also have to write that I am a compleat novise when it comes to dragracing, so the 60 feet and reaction times could of course be better...

This is my best run.

Reaction: 0.76
60 foot: 1.83
1/8 speed: 91.1mph
1/8 time: 7.82
Trap speed: 116mph
ET: 12.1235

The car is not a lightweight, my guess is that it will hit close to 4400lbs ontop of a scale
Car itself has been built according to the Mopar Chassis book. Rear axel is a DR. Diff piece with 4.56:1 gears. Run 28" Racemaster Dragradial tires (325/50-15).. I have no video of launch to post at this time, but it felt like the tires did hook.. 727 trans built to take abuse. Converter is a Dynamic 9½" piece.

OK, so the weird part is that the engine seems to compleatly lack power in first gear, it does how ever really feel to pull in second and third. Shiftpoint is at 7100rpm.. A/F is way on the rich side at WOT, about 12.2 A/F (Run E85 so its an ok number I guess)

So my questions are:

1. Did I choke the life our of the engine with my choise of camshaft? (I do have plans on running the engine with Nitrous)

2. Or is this the 1/4 mile times to expect with a car that weighs as much as my Charger?

3. Im a compleat clot and should not be let any where near engines or tools...

Thanks...

/Tom