Quote:

have you checked that you realy get a pumpshot from the accpump? so its not just some crap stuck in it,also have yóu checked that you actualy get fuel to the accpumpwell? im thinking your not getting the fuel there..

that explains it atleast from what i saw at kjula i just thought you had a shifter problem or something other strange since i couldnt here what or if your engine did anything at the startingline with all the other cars beeing so much louder,that hemi is very quiet

No problems with the pump shoot, checked and tested... The shifter "problem" was not really any problem at al, it was just me messing about and acting like a compleat dork...

-Yes, the sound my Hemi makes, is to quiet.. The only way I know my engine is running in the stageing lane is to check the Rpm gauge.. Need to change out the Super Turbo mufflers, they are way to quiet...

..any ways... Went back to the Race track last weekend and I GOT MY 11sec TIME SLIP..

Reaction: 0.37
60foot: 1.77
1/8 speed: 92.5mph
1/8 time: 7.68
1/4 speed: 118mph
1/4 time: 11.91

I did some change in the carb setup. I changed out the squirter to the largest one I found, a squirter # 63. I also checked the engine timing and to my suprise it was only 30*, I raised it up to 36*

The carb "bog" is still there, though not as bad.. I also found out that if I ran the engine against the brakes and got the Rpm to about 2500 then it did not "bog"..

I also guess one reason for the "bad" 60 foot times is the rear tires, they are old and even though not used, I guess they lost some of that good grip they initially had.. so there is definately an issue with tire grip...

On a positive note, the top end Mph is higher this time around than the first. It went up from about 116mph to 118mph.. So the engine definately has to power to go mid 11sec times. I just need to get the car to 60foot better... My reactions times are also much better.. Actually on that 11.91sec run, my reaction time was the slowest of al 5 runs I did that day... The two runs before and two runs after, were just a hair over 12sec.

/Tom