Quote:

I suspect the converter is the culprit. You have a heavy car w/ a large volume intake, a big set of heads, and relatively small cubic inches. I'm guessing it's around 438 cubic inches? Stock stroke crank? That motor wants to rev, like all hemis do, so it's gonna need a loose converter. Where does your current converter flash to?

116 MPH is enough to go mid 11s, just need to get it to 60 foot.

-Yes, its a stock stroke engine, though has been bored .020 over, so its 430cid something? I need to check the converter flash. I also did the math and you are right, with the top end speed it should ET .5sec better and I would have it, if I wasnt such a clot at the starting line...

Quote:

Big ports small cam are one reason and coverter

Quote:

I agree with HEMIFRED.

But I vote on #3 anyway Just kidding.

-Hmm, but what about the smaller cam in it right now? Its a cam designed to work best when running the engine on nitrous, so if I hooked it up with spray, would that wake it up more, or would that just be a "Bandaid" to the real problem?

The heads are heavily carved out, one could almost stick a fist and arm through the int./exhaust ports, so a stroker combo downstairs would make better use of the flow, right? Or just stick the old roller cam in it and converter that flashes higher???

Thanks and

/Tom