Quote:

Unfortunately, if I want to keep my air grabber, I'm stuck with the Edlebrock Performer 440. Its an inch higher at the back than stock and I had to put a thinner air filter on to get the air cleaner lid to clear the air grabber box.

From what I've read so far on this board, it would seem that these aluminum heads are the way to go. Is that something you can buy and bolt on without knowing what pistons/compression you have? Not that I would dream of doing the work myself but if I see a good deal, maybe I can jump on them. Or maybe my intake is "not much better than stock" then they wouldn't flow so there'd be no point.

no need for aluminum heads. and a CH4B is a better intake and it will fit under the air grabber. if your power stops at 4500, that's the problem. heads won't help. Many guys run 500hp+ on old iron heads. Either you have a timing/tuning issue or it's factory cam. Although a factory cam should not have a rough idle. You need to get some compression numbers 1st. Then have a knowledgable MOPAR guy help you tune it. Then decide on what parts you want to change out. A cam swap can do wonders. Also go drive it. nail it from a dead stomp and go thru the gears a few times. Even a stock 440 w/ 3.23 gears should boil the hides mid way thru 2nd.