Quote:

imho...

Dyno numbers are BS. 1/4 mile times are the true judge...

People who claim that dynos are BS are either uninformed or sour about their own dyno results.

Several years ago I built a 440 with edelbrock heads, a solid flat tappet cam, nice intake, big carb, nice exhaust etc. It only made 360rwhp, which is about 450 engine horse power. The car still ran great, 11.90s at 114mph in a b body.

On the same day, my friend brings his 440 powered b body which he had just finished building. Although he was a very experience Mopar racer, I thought I had him beat on the dyno with my new Edlelbrock heads.
Our bottom-ends were nearly identical, but he had a solid-roller cam, home ported 906s and a six pack intake set up. He laid down 426rwhp, which is about 520 engine hp. I couldn't believe how much power he made. And sure enough, when he took it to the track, he had a full 5mph more trap speed than me too.

The point here is, its the total combination that has too work well together to make the impressive numbers. Like dynos or not, the more dyno power you make, the faster your car will / should go.

Btw, I've been around dynos quite a bit, and I've never seen results that are "fishy" or questionable. They always back up a car's track performance.

Most guys go away upset from the dyno because they're there to get a ego boost, and end up getting a reality check. I've been on both sides of the coin.

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart