Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

imho...

Dyno numbers are BS. 1/4 mile times are the true judge...

Fully agree. If you don't like a number go to another dyno till you find one that tells you what you want to hear.
All a dyno is is a tool to help peak a combo for the day and conditions at the time of the pull.

Yet another who agrees.
Before I start changing carbs or doing leakdowns I'd at least drive the car and get a 1/4 mile mph.

If you dyno'd the car because you drove it and it's a pig, that's another matter.

This was my intention with my original statement.

Yes, a dyno can be a valuable tool for tuning and finding the best way to use your engines powerband. But to try and compare different dyno numbers, in different parts of the country is a little ridiculous.

And E/T is not what tells the story on horsepower, MPH is. You know that Feets...

And I have never been sour at a dyno when we've used one. My car itself has never been dynoed, but my dad laid down 375 RWHP in Reno about 5 years ago with a solid cammed, home ported 906 440. Absolutely smoked some blown small block chevys there that were only putting down 275 hp at the rear wheels. Not sure what happened to those cars...