Quote:

Again, thanks for all the excellent advice and comments. Some people say that the numbers are about where there should be given the limited info I have and that gives me the comfort I was looking for.

Soooo.... it turns out I had a dead plug. Wouldn't that of shown up on the dyno's computer? Not sure how much a difference that would've made, but ya, there's some lost hp

To answer some of the questions:

The dyno numbers are uncorrected
83 deg F
33% humidity
elevation 103 ft
max hp at 4500 rpm
max torque 3750
No the dyno guy didn't tune it, just fluids
Air fuel line is almost flat after 3k rpm at 13.5

My cousin said "throw on some 906 heads, put 3.91's in it and that will wake that 440 up."

The car goes pretty good, I'm not complaining but..another 75 or so hp would be nice

I would definitely "re-dyno" after fixing the dead plug. There is no guarantee the operator would catch a choppy idle with a miss, it could be chalked up to a radical sounding cam and as you went higher in the revs, yo might notice a miss, but usually on a chassis dyno it gets pretty loud so it could have been missed. That being said, I am a fan of both Chassis Dyno results and 1/4 mile results. Mine tend to agree, but I have been to a chassis dyno where the operators were new at it and had their setup "way off" but swore up and down that my engine was making 40 less rwhp from the week before after only swapping out spark plugs... when later it was found out that they had the dyno in AWD mode not 2wd mode... *shrug* Take it all with a grain of salt I say but I would drag race it (and MPH is the best indicator given a "decent" launch) and dyno it and just enjoy the hobby! The last dyno operator was very impressed with my very street friendly 340 rwhp/349 rwtq 360. He said a lot of big block cars in his shop make less than that, haha. Course, then I added the Nitrous.... *grin* Anyway, have fun, that's what its all about! You can always add a little squeeze to the fo-fo-ty if you need more out of it from time to time!

Last edited by Alikazam; 08/10/10 09:16 PM.