The pits is NOT the place to check converter stall speed, practice your burnout, or see how your car hooks up.

Don't give everyone in your party a mini bike, quad, or other motorized vehicle and allow them to spaz out with it in the pits, and piss off racers.

Re: walking the track, great idea but I don't think anyone would take too kindly to stopping the program to let me walk it. And it isn't like I can walk it when there is a race going on, so when is a person supposed to do that? Get there before anyone else does, and just do it without asking? That would also be frowned on.

Agree 100% on courtesy staging, and right-of-way to the turnouts.

Easy instructions for courtesy staging: Do your burnout, then light the prestage light ASAP, then wait for the next guy to prestage and/or stage.
In other words, whoever finishes their burnout first should prestage (only) and wait for the other guy to pull in before he stages the car.

I have never seen the autostart turned off, ever. It always says it's on, on the timeslip.

I'm guilty of not being 100% ready at the perfect time, and having to take an extra second to cinch the helmet down. I wear glasses, and in the summertime they can fog up something awful when the car isn't moving, so I tend to wait. I figure I am better off taking an extra second rather than trying to drive blind.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri