At SIR we normally run at night and people who coast thru the pits with engines off, no lights, over that speed are idiots. If you hit someone you will quickly discover that the courts may not be sympathetic about your thinking you have the right of way because you are driving a race vehicle. 5 MPH in pits and return road is the rule here at SIR. That is to allow you to STOP if someone happens to wander into your path. At that speed you can probably not coast all the way to your pit location. Pedestrians in most states, and in AZ, have the right of way, not some smart a$$ in a race car. Further, the pits can be very crowded, and someone backing out of a space with the engine running may/can not hear or see you. Use a lot of caution.

Also the jerks that bring all their "quads, golf carts, and motorized bikes", and then let their kids and family cruze around the pits like it was their own race track. Personally if they outlawed all that stuff it would not bother me. At SIR the rule is that you have to be licensed to ride those things around anyway.

Pulling forward in the lanes with other cars, that depends. Here in Tucson the evening temps can exceed 100 degrees most nights. I DON'T start my engine and pull forward everytime the line moves. It is really no big deal if you don't do that. You are not going further than the front of the lane anyway until you are pulled out to the water box by the lane steward.

Most tracks require at least one rear light on the car after dark.

Staging depends on the track. We don't do courtesy staging here. Some tracks do, you should watch what the locals do. I like the autostart. It gets rid of the guys who like to screw around getting staged. I usually wait for the other lane to at least light the top bulb before staging the rest of the way.

68 RR 528" INDY MAXX 07 2500 CTD Southwest International Raceway - IHRA - Tucson, AZ