Quote:

The biggest thing would be to ask questions BEFORE going on track, or at least just watch the starting line for a while to see how things work.

Another big one is to make sure you know where the finish line and return road are so you can stop safely and get off track without crossing in front of the other car.

Read a rule book. Lots of good information in there.

It's up to us old-timers to help the newbies along, no matter hwat kind of vehicle they are driving. New blood is our future.

coming from a guy who hasn't had much time to go race I can say this is great advice,when I finally had time to go I went to the line and watched the guys stage,watched where the first yellow came on then the second,also watched when the lights came down and at what point the guys were taking off,then looked at the reaction to see who was doing it right,after watching for at least an hour I went and got my car,pulled right up as if I had been doing it for years and when the light came down pulled a .530 for my first ever light

Once I get done with this damned house I am going to get a car ready and start trying to go racing much more often,for the first time in many years I have a job where I have weekends off

who is that guy?