But I do have to say ever since I spent a little time tuning the stock choke on my thermoquad a couple years ago, it really does drive great when cold..........Starts faster than any fuel injected car I have ever known....

To that I add my (short) video: Starting

This was first fire after sitting over night. If you look quick, you'll see the temp gauge is full left on cold.

Proper tune is the key. About 5 yrs ago ( ) I took the time to basically 'blueprint' the TQ I have now. I've run a lot of different TQ's over the years, but, this one has been the best by far. The only time it doesn't start this quick is when its been sitting for a week or more, but, even then, its just a matter of getting gas into the bowls and it starts right up.

I've thought about EFI because of heat issues. I've taken measures to eliminate vapor lock, but, it still gets a little funky once in awhile. If somebody could come up with a truely simple kit that ACTUALLY WORKS across ALL RPM's, is dead nuts reliable, and doesn't require me selling off a kidney to buy, I would probably take the plunge, but everytime a kit comes out, it falls short somewhere.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥