Quote:

Hey, I didn't say they were but others have voiced that opinion. The problems mostly center around a lack of tunability. I had a friend put one of the kits on a 1995 suburban 5.7 and he said it ran rich pretty much all the way through the rpm range, and he was a trained dealer mechanic.

If your is working for you then more power to you! I'd like to FI my 318 poly, I am getting really tired of that Stromberg POS.

R.

I've said they were junk on MANY ocassions. Why? Because they are. The Pro Flo 2 units are supposed to have solved the myriad of problems the first gen units had. I put one(first gen) on a customers BB Chevy engine on a car I resto-modded a few years back. The very first thing I noticed was the fuel pump was completely inadequate. The second thing was the largest compatible cam was a joke. The third thing is it's VERY HARD to tune without a chassis dyno-and even pretty hard to tune with one. I had this car to two different VERY GOOD tuners and it still does not run as well as if it would have if I had just used a carb. It does start and run decently cold but that's the only advantage I see it having over a Dominator. Unless you are an EFI wiz I suggest you turn it over to one. If you ever expect to get the maximum out of the unit you will have to upgrade the pump. On the dyno there was a hundred HP difference between the supplied pump and the upgraded unit.-Bob