Quote:

2.4's are best had out of stratus/sebring/cirrus/breeze, etc. The cloud cars are littered with them. EFI control would have to be aftermarket if you wanted boost. Costs for everything add up seriously fast. Motor build, efi controller, new fuel system, extra $ if you want to convert to turbo, etc etc etc. Everything adds up very quick. If the $ is tight, you are probably better off building a 318 or 273 if you can find one. Fuel mileage will be down considerably, but would leave your other funds open to converting to an o/d 4sp, redoing your rear-end or whatever else. Plus efi and a custom motor install is a lot of work.

Yeah, you are right. But what fun would that be?

Once I get a job (and I think I have an offer forthcoming), then I'll be able to afford it. I COULD do it now. But, I want to keep my money in savings until the paychecks start again.

I think if I go the "gas mileage" route in this manner, then I think I'd just get a 2.4L, do quicky rebuild on the motor and transmission, and drop it in there sans turbo. Then, if I need to I can pull it later or add a turbo then. I still have to do a front end rebuild on the cuda and it needs quarters as well (plus paint but that could wait).

Of course, the cheaper/easier route is to just get a Daytona Turbo (or any Shelby vehicle from 84-93) for $2-4K and drive that. I always liked those cars.

Mostly I just have too much time on my hands right now and I like to think about this sort of stuff.

1966 Barracuda 1968 Barracuda convertible 1930 Ford Model A (soon to be hemi equipped) 2006 Dodge 3500 4X4 CTD Quad Cab