Only problem would be mounts and linkage. Because remember, if you install a 2.2/2.5 into a rwd application, if it's a T2 motor, the throttle body will point sideways. So while that would not pose a problem for throttle linkage, you would for sure have to use a kickdown cable.

Motor mount would have to be fully custom. I would make semi-functional templates out of wood first, then copy them in steel. But honestly if you don't have a welder, I don't think it's a good idea. I mean you really want to be able to fab some of this stuff up yourself on the fly. But by all means give it a try, it's something I've always wanted to do. The 2.5's do a little better behind an auto trans than the 2.2's, any extra displacement helps in the bottom end. They don't rev nice and high like the 2.2's do though.

IMO a 2.4 is a better choice. 16v, dohc, 150hp stock. I've seen a few dyno sheets from guys on the turbo boards who've built 2.4's, bolt on a hx/hy 35 turbo off a dodge cummins and lay down 450hp at the crank with a good tune, good intercooler and a smack load of boost!