Quote:

I think some Dakotas came with Mopar 2.5's - not 100% sure on that, but I've seen them transplanted from FWD cars as well. It didn't look too tough, like no elephant ears or anything like that. If you got the trans located, it shouldn't be too tough to get the engine mounts sorted out.

Don't the Jeep Liberty's come with 2.4L engines like are in the PT Cruiser and Neons? Seems like that would be a good place to start as well.

Clair

They did come with them. But, I don't think any of the Liberty (nor the Dakota's) had a turbo. And, I'd think that an A-body would need a turbo 4 to make any power at all. Having said that, you got me thinking that you could use a turbo motor and perhaps cherry pick some parts from a Dakota to get what you need to help make it RWD. Combine that with the tranny adapter to put a 904 behind it and it just might be possible. I'd be lost when it comes to making the mounts, though. I do have a friend that runs a machine shop. If I can fashion up the mounts using cardboard, I'm sure he can make them.

I'd think my biggest issues would be getting the belts, hoses, and linkages (throttle, tranny, etc) worked out.

1966 Barracuda 1968 Barracuda convertible 1930 Ford Model A (soon to be hemi equipped) 2006 Dodge 3500 4X4 CTD Quad Cab