I plan on building close to the same combo this winter. I will be around 500 cubes and I plan to use Eddy RPM cnc'd heads. I talked with Dwayne Porter and he will be specing me a cam when I am ready. He also recomended a flat tappet solid as I put over 1000 miles a year on my 63 street driving and I dont want all that spring pressure on my valvetrain as I am getting old and dont want to change out roller lifters and valve springs every 3000 miles. Mine is also street/strip and I plan to run around 11.0 comp as I will use a flattop zero deck piston and will have a cam speced to keep my cyl pressure safe on pump gas. I will use the .040 head gasket with closed chamber heads for good .040 quench. I plan to run a very agressive cam to get the most power and torque out of it as I want the combo to put my 63 solidly in the 10's. And I dont care if it has a lumpy idle as I love that and have a loose enough converter. Good luck on your build and thank you for your service in our armed forces. Ron