well, i have good news.....

I've done everything i listed in my last post, and the car ran at 175-180 with the new pump, ect....but still ran a little crappy after about an hour of driving....so i changed the coil, and the problem disappeared completely. By the way, this weekend in toronto, it's been extremely hot out, 39*deg C, and very humid. perfect testing grounds. I can see a huge difference in water flow in the rad at idle, where before coolant would just barley move past the top, now at idle it's a very nice stream of coolant. Huge difference in cooling, the car runs great now, last night at a cruise night i was idling for 15mins in this heat, the car did get to 190, but not higher, the electric fan really makes a big difference at idle in gear stopped, it really keeps things under control. Funny, this is the 3rd coil i've tested, 2 new ones, 1 old one that was a known good one, they all failed, and the one that works perfectly is the big old accell yellow plastic one, that was the coil on the car when i bought it and drove it from Minnesota to Toronto in retarded hot conditions, and the car never went over 200-205 in insane heat. I also changed the ballast resistor, hot i was getting 8-9 volts at the coil, but changed it for piece of mind. The upgrades I've done to the cooling system (high flow stat, and water pump) really made a big difference. I can't believe i have 3 crappy coils....I can officially say the car is ok now.....thank GOD>.....