Funny how many people keep posting about the clutch fan when he said quite a while ago he didn't have one

No reason what he has should not be more than adequit. Just something being over looked in the basics. Not the thermostat, not the fan, probably not the pusher fan but he should ditch it to make sure. As for how it could be in the shroud with out a spacer, my a-bodys don't have spacers and the fan is pretty close to the rad. Mabey 69 chargers had to have one Even so mabey he has a different one. Not a far fetched idea.

As for the rubber seal between the hood and cowl, might help removin it. The one between the hood and core support needs to stay. If you have big holes on a charger core suport for the lighting wires like an A-body does, try and find some rubber grommets to cover the holes, or even duct tape to go along with a roller paint job

I know later b-bodys at least had plastic air dams around the fromt of the engine to keep the hot air moving back, if a 69 don't have them mabey try gettin some from a later car and retrofit them.

How much antifreez to water are you useing.

Hope I am not sounding just trying to give some real world helpfull advice.

Following these type of things I have never had a car over heating problem I could not fix, also can be very suprising how uncomplicated of a system you need even for some killer motors, most cars have over kill when basics are followed.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!