Quote:

I agree...200 won't hurt anything...its the running rough that is a puzzle...I wouldn't think 200 deg would cause the car to run rough. I have been at 200 idling through a parade inthe middle of July but it never ran rough. I'd get rid of that AFB first and try a Holley. I had an Eddy AFB on mine and it had hot start issues.

About what I said above. Everyone else is going in the wrong direction. 200 degree water temps shouldn't make a car run rough. Most new cars run that temp all day long.

I'd ask the original poster, are you running stock exhaust manifolds? If so, have you checked to make sure the heat riser valve is working? What kind of insulator are you running under the carb? Have you tried blocking the heat riser passages in the intake manifold? That exhaust heat running through the intake will sure heat up the carb; just what you don't need on a hot day.

Also, are you running an underhood pad? If so, try removing it and see if it does any better. They aren't a whole lot different than throwing a blanket over the engine, IMHO.