I have taken the time to write to SFI the following, and if you agree you might want to do the same.

To Whom It May Concern:

I write this on behalf of all racers currently affected by your recent findings on IMPACT Racing products. We appreciate that SFI is responsible for making sure racers are buying safe products and vendors are in-fact selling products that meet the SFI standards. Before I can relate my request, I must first ask if in fact the Impact products decertified are safe to use? Given that this appears to be a tag fraud issue not an unsafe product, allows me to ask your consideration of the following:

Impact is the responsible party, not us racers, so let them pay for their fraudulent ways NOT US. Allow us to use the product for their coded lifespan and then SFI should fine/go after IMPACT not us. Thousands of us would be required to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to replace equipment that we JUST purchased. Please, at the VERY minimum give us a year to save up the money necessary to replace the products affected. An April 27th deadline is just not fair to us!!!!!

Respectfully
Tom Easterday