Quote:

simpson racing was started by bill simpson then sold after the dale earnhardt incident (and death threats to him and his family). he then started impact racing which is the company being discussed here.

Rick i understand your anger towards impact believe me, i know what this stuff costs. i would think if impact wants to stay in business they will attempt to make good. either that or bill simpson is probably done for good.

again my point is this. SFI the organization that is supposed to be a non-profit organization dedicated to overseeing the design and materials of racing safety equipment (and charges for this service) is NOT immediately suspending the usage of said product.

sixpac i'd be equally suspect of a organization supposedly founded in/on safety that was willing to allow people to race with a KNOWN substandard product.

either the product is safe and the non-profit organization didn't get their cut or imho SFI's credibility has just been reduced to zero...take your pick, you only get one

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

Don't take this personally James, but I do get quite tired of hearing about "SFI" getting there cut. Any non-profit organization has costs to bear in order to exist....SFI is the choice of both NHRA, IHRA and a host of other racing organizations picked to test and certify safety equipment and apparel. For Impact to try and bypass this system is a slap in the face to all racers that have put they're faith and trust into Impact's products regardless of whether they actually safe or not...there is NO EXCUSE EXCEPTABLE FOR THIS TYPE OF PRACTICE

With recent problems Impact went through last year with it's products I am certainly leaning towards them being solely at fault here

Now knock it off because I'm running out of cents or maybe sense

Rickster