Quote:

last year IMPACT was caught selling firesuits labeled as three layer that were only two,layers

Quote:

Category: Clothing
July 19, 2009 - NOTICE OF TEMPORARY PRODUCT DECERTIFICATION. Effective July 9, 2009: Pursuant to SFI Test Laboratory reports, SFI Foundation, Inc. has reason to believe that certain Impact Racing products manufactured in the year 2007 do not fully comply with the minimum standards set forth in the SFI Specification 3.2A Program. Therefore, pursuant to Section 12.0 of the program, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, and UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, any and all driver suits, pants, and jackets manufactured by Impact Racing pursuant to SFI Spec 3.2A/15 and 3.2A/20 at any time during the year 2007 are hereby TEMPORARILY DECERTIFIED by SFI Foundation, Inc. This temporary decertification applies to all such products whether or not they have been updated, upgraded, rebadged, or recertified by Impact Racing. This temporary decertification applies even if the product now has a 2009 SFI label affixed to the product. The date of manufacture of the product is determinative.

This decertification is temporary and will remain in effect until further notice from SFI. The manufacturer has challenged SFI’s findings in this matter and is conducting its own review of the findings and the full compliance of the products in question. SFI’s investigation continues. This decertification may be modified, withdrawn, or made permanent.

Fred, you beat me to it.
i said i was never going to buy any impact products after last years fiasco with inferior product.
i knew this was going to happen eventually with impact.
its called greed, and i think this is the end for impact.i saw there produce and was not impressed by some of my fellow racers swore by impacts product because it was made in the USA.
i'm having a tough time swallowing that Impact was made in USA.im thinking made in China,with the Chinese labels, theres no other reason to try and bypass SFI. im thinking poor quality and unsafe safety equipment.
manufactured by impact