Quote:

I'm wanting to run slapper bars, now after seeing this thread, i'm going to, should be fine for what i'm doing. What Lakewood bars do i need for an A body??

The ones i got for cheap are real old .I have been told by a few that they are old Foxcraft Comp lift bars.I was told by the guy that i got them from , that they were purchased in 1970 for a GM by his father.The hole spread for the U bolts on the spring plates were the same as my Darts and had a plce for the shock bolt on both sides front and back.The only problem i had was that the plates hit the backing plates on the brakes slightly .I trimmed off about a 1/4 inch and the went on no problem .The snubbers i used are just Mopar front A arm bumpers (cost me like $6.00 at Oreillys).They are directly under the spring eyes in the second hole of the bars .I kept trimming the snubbers (only about 3/8 of an inch) till they were touching the spring with me in the car ,but not compressed.Seemed to work well .I also used a flat plate with 2 holes drilled in it to go between the spring and the bars at the rear clamp location behind the axle with a U bolt ,to make it fit snug .Mine are slightly nosed down on my car ,but get perfectly straight when i launch.It lifts the rear off the car as well as the front ...

5841505-000_0003.jpg (1500 downloads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...