Quote:

1.60 short times with a 8.0" tires and spinning?
Like someone stated, they were a crutch to help and problem else where. Springs, Shocks or whatever. I run a 9.0" tire with springs. I have no snubber or bars. I foot brake the car with a 727 and 60's are always one the money at any track. The best 60 foot is a 1.42
Now I would work on getting the car to hook with out the slapper bars. After the car is working "right" with out the bars, and see what happens then.

Not sure if it was spinning before or not.I do know that it was rapping the springs badly .It dented both shocks where they hit the rearend housing .Big diff between a 727 first gear and a PG first gear .Gears multiply torque big time ,and also create better 60's in the process if it hooks up.Try to get a 1.42 60' with your motor with a PG and 4.10's on 8.5 slicks with 3500 launches (Traction bars or not ).Saying one motor/car gets these 60' times and this one doesnt without listing other details is kinda like people saying they are better at setting the car up because they beat a 440 big block with their 360 ,but they left out small details like :The 440 had 9 to 1 compression and stock cam in a 4,400 pound New Yorker and their 360 had 14 to 1 compression and a .600 lift solid roller cam and was in an altered.Small little details like that can have small little bearings on things .See what im getting at ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...