Slapper bars are just like any suspension mod. They either work for you or they don't, for what ever reason. Find the reason, make the adjustment , or modification, and it can work.

The only drawback from using a slapper that I saw, happened to my buddy. He ran an AMC rear end from a AMX in his 343 powered Spirit.

First time out at the track he broke the spring perches off. Had that repaired.

The next time out, he spun the center of the axle housing, causing the tubes to break the factory welds. The driveshaft took a beating and he also broke the rear tailshaft housing of the 4 gear trans.

Well, he had all that repaired and switched to an automatic AMC 727.

He has no issues now. The car hooks hard and fans the rear segment of the springs like a peacock. It was something to see. I wish I had a camera with me that day.

The only concern about slappers has always been breakage somewhere in the suspension, etc.

He is planning on upgrading to Cal Tracs eventually.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!