Quote:

Bob, hopefully this post has lost steam

I talked to Jack Moore(Moore&Moore) over the weekend at the Columbus swap met. He said, he actually ran as good if not better with an old profile cam(R296) in his 572incher.

ain't say'n no'mo

Fred

You would be surprized at what those old cams will do if you are dead set on using them.I sent 3 to Bill Stiles a few years back when he was restoring his old P/S car.We had one 528"Hemi that we put in at 101/102 centerline and WOW!!!you think that i wheelstand now and not that my Hemi Dart is anthing close to the new SS/AH techonology nor even competetive,but for a untouched car that was raced last in 1984/85 when it ran the best of 9.97 and still today in it's 1985 old techonolgy with a similar old school cam can still rip of some respectable low 10s with the 30 year old sparkplugs.I respect Jeff's and others knowledge,but I also respect those who can't afford all the new and latest parts,and would be carefull of the advise or information that I gave them.As I have said before,no one is wrong here,just different schools of thought.Bob was given the specs on various cams and he posted them here for everyone's comments and with the information in hand,he made his choise,right or wrong.

Last edited by B G Racing; 01/20/10 07:49 PM.