With close center long duration camshafts it is advisable to have a minimum of .280/.290 between the valves on the seat.Jeff may be getting away with .025 at the valve to valve intersecting point and only have .260 between the valves on the seat with the design of cam he is using.I would not and never recommend you use his numbers with that cam I gave you.The slightest deviation could spell disaster, a loose guide,slight varaying position of a guide center,or a side loading of the valve from unstabe or poor geometry.Even a pushrod bind can cause enough deflection in a long valve with a 5/16 stem to cause concern.I'am not doubting Jeff's claim,after all he is the head guru for race applications and especially SS/AH Hemis,and he would know better than any of us.If your that confident in his recommendation go for it,what do you have to loose?I stand buy what I said,I would rather be conservative and safe than be sorry later.Bob your not building a SS/AH granade and trimming or sinking those valve won't kill a 100hp for sure and you will sleep better.What ever you decide,good luck. P.S.FYI, Jeff it is an early style cam.

Last edited by B G Racing; 01/18/10 08:02 PM.