Quote:

Any comments on what brand of crank and rods are preferred and why?

Thanks.

I like that callies 4.25" crank because it is machined off a forging and is reasonable on price for what you get. I think on the rods I like the rods I had before as they are mid range too on price Vs light weight and strength. That was a Manley Pro Series Lightweight rod and if I remember correctly it was low 600 grams. Something like 618-629ish. It was 6.300 long chevy 2.100 LG and used a .927 wrist pin. 7/16 bolt. They were $1100-1200 a set.

If you are on a budget I would go off the shelf 4" stroke crank and there are several that make them in a forged version less than $1000 with a choice of 340 or 360 mains and mopar or chevy rods. Ohio Crankshaft is one. It might be worth a call to Ryan if you are serious about buying and order the stuff from him. Because he will know more specifically on brands etc.
Budget rods would be a Childs&albert/Manley/Lunati/Crower I beam stock type premium rod.

I also think if you want a 9.90 at the very least you need a new thick wall block. Mopar resto siamese block at the very least. Because the power needed will be right at the reliable limit of a stock block. The ONLY engine I have ever blown up was a 525 HP (calculated with Weight VS MPH = REAL HP) and it was with a 71 360 block and it split a cylinder wall and pretty much destroyed everything.

5402322-MVC-208F.JPG (61 downloads)

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT