The reason I say it would be easy is the car only weighs 3,000 lbs.

I ran 9.90's in 1997 with a stock block 360 bored .100 over, stock crank. Good compression and good rods. The cam was a .628 roller. The heads were some old W2's that Roy Johnson used to run in the 70's. In todays standards there was absolutely nothing special about this engine. I had a horrible tuneup for a 175HP shot of Nitrous and a torque converter that was absolute junk, todays standards. The car at that time weighed 3,450 w/ driver.

A set of closed chamber Indy 360-2 heads. A 4" stroker crank. R blocks are great but there is a cost $$$ and weight. If you got the money the 48 degree lifter is awesome compared to 59. There is no reason with the heads available these days mail order and the ease of making over 400 inches that you can't make 650 HP and easily run 9.90 with a 3,000 lb car. This would not be a high RPM engine nor would it have to be a race gas engine. I will not go so far as to say easy on pump gas but with all the others who are familiar with pump gas combos it is something that can be done without a great deal of difficulty.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.