Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
On my first mopar-71 Challenger I had the very first aftermarket partial 1/4 panels installed on by my dads friend. They were sold thru Sherman and Associates and were AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the lady on the phone at Sherman warned me- those panels were basically "A flat sheet of steel with the details hammered in by a guy." The wheel well opening with its details were kinda ok but there was no side marker light hole of any kind and the panel was flat as a sheet of plywood.

laugh2 I bought a pair of those exact panels for my '69 300, from Sherman..the car that's in my first post.
But I found out like you, they were just flat stamped metal, in other words JUNK!
So I got a Hemmings book..( no Internet in 1985) did research, and found a place near Phoenix Arizona
called Mr. Good Parts...a scrap yard, that sold all rust free metal. I had them ship me, two FULL
Quarter panels, came with inner wheel wells, and trunk extensions. They were cut off of a two door hardtop car.
They showed up by semi truck in front of my house, strapped to big pallets! They were supposed to be
delivered to the body shop, my car was at, and someone had screwed up! Luckily my body shop
came out, and picked them up. Those panels are still on the car today.

Mr. Goodparts - Brad Stoler. We ran into him a few times out in Phoenix - he was getting some of the leftovers we passed on. I wonder if Brad is still alive - I think he was a real druggie. The company I owned with my partner operated from around 1981 to when I sold it in 1995. Anybody buy stuff from Rare Iron Co? That was us. Our parts came hand-picked out of TX, NM, AZ, NV, & CA. We were the big guys.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified