I was just out of high school and bought a very solid 67 Coronet R/T with camaro front seats and no carpeting, for $500, that had many owners prior so that it's history was lost. The 440 that was in it had a bad rod knock probably because of the 4.56 gears that were in it. So found a 70 town and country with a 383 and slapped that in. There were a couple of things that were odd to me at the time, namely the skid plate on the k frame and the external tranny cooler. Doing further research I found I owned a hemi car. Being 18, and not really rich, I wanted to get rid of it because mini tubbing a hemi car which in the late 80's and early 90's were getting valuable, was something I couldn't do. Also didn't help that I hit a telephone pole racing a 68 chevelle after the throttle stuck open.

Anyway, a guy gave me good money for it and another 67 Coronet R/T 4speed parts car I bought for $300 to fix the damaged car. I later bought a 67 Coronet 500 that I restored and mini tubbed without worry of effecting it's value.

I still own it today and would also have a 68 charger that got rearended which provided insurance money to cover a very nice one owner 59 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer which was my dream car for 12 years until I found it. Never really appreciated the forward look cars growing up. It was all about the muscle car years for me. But as I got older, I started noticing how cool the jet age styling was just few years prior to the muscle cars.

IMG_0054.jpegIMG_9913.jpegIMG_9916.jpeg
Last edited by rapom; 03/21/24 05:03 PM.