My first mopar and car was a 73 Charger Rallye 400 Magnum Auto.

My brother and I went in together and bought it so it was half mine. I was 13 and he was 15. He wanted a Cuda and we looked for a long time for a car. We ran an ad in the paper for Wanted 66 to 74 Dodge, Plymouth, Charger Road runner Cuda etc. We looked all over 3 states and found this car 1/2 a mile from our house in the back of the same neighborhood we lived in. Lots of stories of crazy crap happening while we were looking for them.

It didn't run because it needed a timing chain but it had a 70/71 440 HP in the trunk. We talked the guy down to $750 and we had $650 towards it. My dad said we could buy it and he would give us the other $100 until we were about to leave give him the money, then my dad said no. We went to the bank to tell the guy we couldn't buy it and he let us have it for $650 but kept the spare tire. Dad was ticked when we brought it home but it was too late. When we went to pick it up the guy's son told us he had a trophy from racing it.

We got it running and since I couldn't drive yet I built my first engine with the 440 in the trunk.

By the time I was able to drive I know we couldn't share it so I ran the same ad in the paper looked at cars over 3 states with more crazy stories and found my Convertible by accident a mile and a half from my house. It was the first car I owned alone and at $225 it was really rough and over priced. It drove home and that was as far as I ever drove it. I bought a hard top Challenger for parts, my 73 340 4-speed hardtop named Red. It was too much fun to drive so I never parted it or finished the convertible. Still have all 3 and a few more.

The Red hardtop was the first car I owned and actually drove. I pulled it off the road at about 400,000 miles.

This was my Charger and a picture of my son in Red the Hardtop.

73 Charger Color corrected.jpgChris in Car.jpg