Originally Posted by Stanton
Here's a simple fact: unless you deal one-on-one, face-to-face with CASH, there is ALWAYS the possibility of being scammed or for that matter, scamming! While I feel for the OP's situation, it could just as easily be him scamming the buyer.

SO TRUE!

Man, selling online has become a MINEFIELD. I have had to SEROIUSLY cut back on where/how I ship. I should just do shows. even then we have to use a pen on $20s. Have never had bad ones yet (that we've kept smile ) I love when I get an order from Joe Smith at 123 Main St and his email is joesmith@yahoo.com and his phone number verifies his address on UsPhonebook.com. BUT I GET 20% OF....
- People using a credit card in Brazil then shipping to an apartment in Miami!?!?!
- People tryijng to buy in Guam, Ecudor, Nigeria, Russia. I now have all countries blocked except northern Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
- People shipping to a sketchy forwarding comany in NY thats has like a 1 star rating with complaints about scammers shipping there. I learned that lesson. People from the Middle East would sting me doing that.
- People using a credit card in one state, then shipping clear across the country. The credit card providedor I use gives me a backend look at all the data. The farther away the shipto is from the card, the higher the potential fraud.
- If I don't ship to the billing address, the credit card company will NEVER side with me no matter what. Thats their hard policy.
- Paypal doesn't give you any way of knowing if you are shipping to the billing address and they cave IMMEADIATLY to any dispute.
- Apartments. Half the shipments to aparments "never arrive". WTH is up with that? But people act like I'M the bad guy for not wanting to lose my money 50% of the time?!?!?!