Tuesday Morning, I started the car and let it warm up to 210 degrees before I turned on the fan. It was holding in all its fluids and the oil was clean and clear. So I drained out a gallon of water and dumped in a gallon of antifreeze, then opened the overhead door and drove it out into the winter air. I drove it about a mile, up and own our long driveway with no apparent issues, then back into the shop, did a few last minute things, and started packing tools and supplies. Cam came over after work and helped.
Wednesday morning, I threw my luggage and some food and stuff into the camper, hooked the trailer behind the old dodge with the camper in the bed, loaded the car and finished loading all the stuff, then about mid afternoon, I hit the road for florida. Luckily, I was just about an hour ahead of a nasty ice storm, but I had dry roads. Friday night, I made it to the airport, just 1/2 hour after Cam was ready to be picked up. We drove to a Cracker Barrel and had dinner, and spent the night in their parking lot. I was so tired, I was in a fog. Saturday morning, we drove to a Walmart parking lot close to Orlando Speedworld. The Sick Week instructions said that there was no admission to the track prior to Sunday at 7:00 AM, so we were going to unload the car here and go for a test drive, and start organizing stuff to bring with on the Sick Week drive, plus buy anything we need at Wally world.
The rear view morror had fallen of the car and the glass broke, so I went into walmart for a mirror. The best I could find was a pink rimmed cosmetic clamshell mirror. So I bought it and some JB weld. I felt like I had to explain to the cashier that this was not for my make-up. Back at the trailer Cam found the pink mirror to be quite hilarious. So I made him install it.

Then we ran into some other sick weekers who said they were letting folks in early is they bought a spectator admission for the Saturday event. So we packed up and drove to the track and got in. We unloaded the car and took it for a 10 mile drive. After not having driven the car since Drag Week 2021, it seemed kind of sketchy, but I figured we'd be OK. I was still in fog from over fatigue. It's a good thing Cam had a clear head, he really took over on the brain work and organization side of things.

out in the snow.jpgstuff laid out.jpgmirror.jpgcoupe in trailer at orlando.jpg