Then I got an idea! I removed and pressure checked the Mopar oil to water oil cooler. Sure enuff, it was cracked inside, allowing the oil and water to mix! So that came out permanently, and I flushed out the oil pan and refilled it. I started the engine and added a bottle of Moroso ceramic seal. That stopped the leak from the head gasket. As per the instructions, I drained and flushed the cooling system to get rid of the excess ceramic seal. But I could see in the top tank of the radiator that it had plugged up a bunch of the tubes. I wanted to back flush the radiator with a garden hose to try and clear it out. But I don't have water in my shop. And the hill up to the house was snowy and icy. So we towed it up the hill, and I devised a way to plumb in the garden hose. DUMB idea, the water just bypassed thru the block, thru the upper hoses, and shot ceramic seal out the top of the radiator all over everything. So, back down to the shop to pull the radiator and bring it up to the house to flush it. It helped, but I could still see plenty of plugged tubes. It would have to be good enough.

I put the radiator back in and started cleaning up the mess. That's when I noticed that the timing cover was now bulged out and cracked...

radiator on cart.jpgcracked timing cover.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"