One thing I forgot about is that the header studs go into the water jacket, so I didn't put sealant on them. So we fixed that. Then restarted it, and water was still leaking from the same area, but not as much. It was the head gasket apparently, that is why the copper coat stain down the side of the block. Then I discovered milkshake oil from water in it. Cam went home. It was monday, and I was still in MInnesota. I was planning to leave 2 days ago. Cams flight to Punta Gorda Florida is scheduled for Thursday, and I need to pick him up at the airport. Sick week starts Sunday. I thought long and hard about staying in or dropping out.

I decided to do my best to stay in until it became impossible. If I quit because of causes beyond my control, I have no regrets. But If I quit because I'm tired and discouraged, or the odds are slim and everything is going wrong, I'll always regret it later.

So I retorqued the heads, then pressurised the cooling system. It was slowly loosing pressure. How could the water be getting in the oil? Last time it was a leak in the intake port. So I pulled the headers and the intake and the spark plugs. with 20 PSI in the cooling system, I visually inspected and listened with a tube on my ear in each port and each spark plug hole. No leak sounds. I used the leakdown tester and pressurized each cylinder. No leak sounds except in the crankcase which is normal due to the old rings.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"