Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Frankly if you are building a half assed serious race engine it don't matter what brand it is.. At least in my world they are. When I call CP for a set of pistons they don't say oh snap a Mopar that's more money, GRP Oliver Crower and Carriilo etc same thing. Bullet does not upcharge me for a Mopar cam. Granted on occasion cores can be an issue but they can be with anything these days...just seems no one wants to acknowledge that fact. The main difference is choices for the others. But as in my example I don't pay more for a Mopar set of pistons over a BBC set of pistons. The one thing that is minimally cheaper is an aftermarket block. The second difference is the secondary market. But if you start will a blank page and buy NEW parts the costs are not that dissimilar. One might even be able to argue it is cheaper to build a 700HP BB Mopar than a BBC. Neither stock block is really up to the task. But a -1 top end with good cam and compression in a stock block can EASILY get there. I know I have done it with both. I also acknowledge that at a certain point you do not have a Mopar option to get to certain HP points NA anyway, likely because there is no market for it. Nor can you pick up the phone an order a BBM from anyone of a number of suppliers as you can with a BBC. Nor do you have options currently for iron blocks for a BBM, the latter is a big issue IMO but I assume no one has stepped up because there is not enough of a market for such a product. Well unless it was $1500 rolleyes then MAYBE some will buy one. There are aluminum options and if you campar it to the BBC versions the price difference ios nominal and im some cases equal to a BBC

What have I missed ?
LMAO !
It cost money

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....